So, would you spend $1,500 on a keyboard for your PC? Yeah, that’s the pricetag on the Optimuxs Maximus Keyboard. Though, before you discount this as extravagance (which it probably is) you should check out the features. This keyboard has a mini-LCD screen embedded in each and every key! Plus you can customize what is on the screen. Do I have your interest yet? For example when you hold down the Shift key you can have all of the letters on the keys change to uppercase and/or their shifted value. You can configure it to use custom image icons for specific applications like Photoshop. World of Warcraft anyone? Here is a listing of features:
- Revolutionary Keyboard Features a tiny OLED screen on each key. 113 screens total.
- Each key can be individually programmed to perform a series of functions, open an application or run an Applescript (Mac only)
- Various System Monitor functions can dynamically display on a key including CPU usage, CPU temperature, Network Speed, and Memory Usage
- Play a GIF animation or Quicktime movie on a Key
- Paint images across all keys at once in your image editor of choice
- Key sets can be linked to an application, so whenever you open that app the appropriate keys come up
- Powerful layer function allows you to combine existing key sets in different ways
- Use any language with the appropriate key images including Cyrillic, Ancient Greek, Georgian, Arabic, Quenya, and Hiragana.
- Display notes, numerals, special symbols, HTML codes, math functions or any other special symbol.
- Any key (or to be exact, a unit consisting of a cap, a microchip and a display) can be easily removed by hands to be cleaned or replaced
- Built in USB hub
- SD Card Slot for Storing keyboard Settings
- PC with installed OS Windows XP or Vista, with a USB 1.1 (or better 2.0) port; Mac OS X 10.5.1 or higher.
- At least 20 MB of free space on hard drive.
- At least 256 MB of RAM.
- Keyboard Dimensions: Length 537 mm, Width 173 mm, Height 38 mm
- Key Dimensions: 20.2 – 20.2 mm
- Display Dimensions: 10.1 – 10.1 mm viewable area on each key
- Display Resolution: 48 x 48 pixels per key
- Frame Rate: 10 FPS
- Color Depth: 65,536 Colors
- Viewing Angle: 160 degrees