This WordPress plugin adds a sidebar widget to search for song lyrics on the LyricWiki.org site.
LyricWiki is a free site which is a source where anyone can go to get reliable lyrics for any song from any artist without being hammered by invasive ads.
This plugin provides a widget to place a search box right on the sidebar of your WordPress site so that your readers can utilize the LyricWiki site and find their favorite lyrics from your blog!
After downloading the zip file, unzip and follow these few simple steps:
- Upload `LyricWikiSearch.php` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` or `/wp-content/plugins/widgets/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag and drop your LyricWiki Search widgets onto the active sidebars of your choice on the Presentation -> Sidebar Widgets administration screen
- (Optional) Configure your LyricWiki Search widget and save your changes.
- Title – As with most widgets you can provide a title to display above the LyricWiki Search.
- Button Text – You can configure the text of the search button if you like.
- Hide Help – Check to hide the small link to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
I love your widget! Can I donate to your cause?
I’d feel terribly ashamed of accepting money for something this easy to slam together. If you like and use the widget feel free to show your love in these ways:
- Add my site to your blogroll franzone.com.
- Subscribe to my RSS Feed
- Subscribe to my Email Updates
- Favorite my blog on Technorati
Screenshot 1. Widget configuration. See configuration section above for full description of these fields.