I just received an email from an Adrianna -at- Monster.com with the subject “Monster.com suggests You the new job, Jonathan Franzone.” I do have an account at monster.com, but I have never received an email like this so of course I opened it up to see what was up. My first indicator that this email was… well… “phishy” was that the Reply-To header was set to some gmail email account. Finally with a quick glance at the content it was immediately recognizable as a phishing scam. Here is the email:
We have found your resume at Monster.com and would like to suggest you a “Transfer manager” Njl iN
vacancy. We have studied your resume and are happy to inform you that your skills ZTkx MT
completely meet our requirements for this position.
This is a part-time position. Your job will be to transfer money between our clients.
Your job will consist in the following:MjQ 4Y
* Receive the check by mail ZTA yMjJ
* Cash the check within a business day, excluding days off NGR jM
* 8% of the amount are left for yourself as a commission. You take it immediately MWNh ZDF
* The rest of the sum is to be sent via western union to us to the address which will be OWE 0O
mentioned in the e-mail. Transaction fees shall be paid out of the same sum.
Your schedule will be flexible. You will need to spend on average 1-2 hours per day, Monday-Friday.
This is a work-at-home position. All communication will be online.
This job will allow you to:
– Get additional free time; MG FkZ
– Efficiently work at home; MGF kZ
– Increase your income; MGFk ZTU
General requirements: Nj liNj
– Prior customer service experience is a good benefit; Yj RjZ
– Internet and e-mail skills; Experience in online work; Yj RjZT
– Good communications skills Ym YzN2
– Honesty, responsibility and promptness in operations;ZWIx YmV
During the trial period you will be paid $1,500 per month. You will also be keeping 8 percent commission
from every check received from our customer. With the current ammount of clients your average
income will be about up to $2,000 USD per month. After the trial period your base salary will go up to
$2,250 USD per month, plus 8 percent commission.After the trial period you may ask for additional hours or
If you are interested in this position, and would like to know more, please e-mail me
We will contact you within 2 days
This obviously is a scam and please anyone who is reading this… nobody is going to pay you to transfer money for them. The funny thing is I didn’t even notice all of the weird character strings littered throughout the message (MG FkZ) until I pasted the contents here. They are apparently font-colored so as not to show up to the human eye. I guess perhaps they help get past the spam filters.
Anyway, this is just me with a friendly phishing heads up!